organised by Samaagati in collaboration with Indian Ruminations
We believe a one minute movie explains wellthan a 1000 words. We wish to inspire, motivate and promote creative minds to engage and indulge in socially relevant issues and events. Hence Samaagati in collaboration with Indian Ruminations organizes SMSF 2017. In connection with Samaagati International Interdisciplinary Conference 2017, SMSF organizes a Mobile Short Film Contest on the theme, Nationalism. A film entry participates in the contest if it is not less than 3 minutes and not longer than 5 minutes and is received before the entry deadline.
The contest is open to all.
The Focal theme of SMSF – 2017 is ‘Nationalism’
Duration of the short film is 3 to 5 minutes.
The short films shall be prepared by the mobile cameras.
Registration Fee for participating in the contest is Rs. 250/-
Last date to submit the short film is on or before 30th April 2017
Best 5 Short Films will be awarded Cash Prizes
Five winner short films will be uploaded to ‘Samaagati’ YouTube Channel
By enrolling for SMSF -2017, the participant accepts the following Regulations on behalf of him/herself and any crew members, who may also participate
- The film must be shot entirely on a mobile device (smartphones, tablets, GoPro) in HD video.
- Multiple mobile devices can be used, but no non mobile footage may be included.
Productions are welcome in any language, but subtitles in English are advisable (films in English or Malayalam don’t need subtitles). The mobile short films may be silent also.
- Any software to edit video and audio as well as colour correction or special effects is allowed.
- Use of additional equipment (professional or homemade) is allowed, including (but not limited to) external microphone, wide angle lens, lighting, tripod, broom handle, basmati cam.
- The film must be an original production. It may not infringe on the copyright, trademark or other rights of any individual.Films must have full clearance for all content, including music.
- The participants should submit their short films using one of the following file formats:MOV, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, FLV, 3GPP, WebM, Mp4
- Several films can be submitted per filmmaker/crew. For each submission there will be separate registration fees.
- The Participant maintains at all times the rights to his/her film entry. However, he/she grants Samaagati, the right to present the submitted film, make it publicly available, distribute it and make it available for third party viewing unrestrictedly in terms of location and frequency.Furthermore, the Participant expressly agrees to his/her film being made public via Indian Ruminations (www.indianruminations.com) and ‘Samaagaiti’ Youtube Channel and if applicable, Samaagati will refer to or create links to the film in various publications or on the Internet.
- By submitting a film, the Participant declares that he/she owns all rights (including all third-party rights) with regard to the submitted film. In the event that one or more persons are clearly recognizable, or the sound or music of third parties can be heard in the film, those involved must agree that the film be made public. The respective declaration of consent must be made available if requested by Samaagati, Should third parties nevertheless assert claims resulting from the infringement of their rights, the Participant declares the organizers free from all said claims. The person who submits the film is solely responsible for its content (image, sound, data, texts etc.).
- Organizers reserve the right to exclude from the contest, the Participants who have breached the Contest Regulations.
- The DVD of the Short Film should be sent to the Festival Director on or before April 30th, 2017
The Registration fee may be remitted as DD/Cheque favoring M/s Indian Ruminations payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Fees can also be remitted online to our bank account. Please inform us the details of your online fee remittance by an email to email@example.com
The account details are as follows
Account Name: Indian Ruminations
A/c No: 67186367367
Bank : SBT, Sasthamangalam, Thiruvananthapuram
IFSC Code: SBTR0000023 (used for RTGS, IMPS and NEFT transactions)
MICR Code: 695009023
Entry Deadline: April 30th, 2017
For more details contact,
The Festival Director
Samaagati Mobile Short Film Festival – 2017
Samaagati, ‘Ushus’, TC 18/37, Alappuram road, Thirumala PO, Thiruvananthapuram, Pin – 695 006, Kerala, India
Email: samaagatiforum @gmail.com
Phone: +91 7561096997, +91 9971084789